Statistically based, according to my previous post about why I hate being a pharmacist.
I wrote a previous post about why I hate being a pharmacist, thinking it would be one of the boring posts that wouldn’t get much attention. However, I was wrong! According to the statistics of the older blog of mine, that post was my most popular one!!
So why do people become pharmacists? I personally have no answer to this. And although I don’t like regretting things that already happened, because I believe that everything happens for a reason, and will build up to something nice with time, but if I am to regret something, it would be studying pharmacy. I don’t like, and I don’t enjoy working as a pharmacist.
And apparently I’m not alone!!
The previous chart shows the amount of traffic to that specific post, with respect to all other posts and to the home page. It’s visited at least twice more than the second most popular post on my blog.
Another interesting thing I have noticed is the search keywords referring to the post.
Let me just mention a few of them that were most repeated:
- I hate being a pharmacist (with several changes, like removal of the “I” or some spelling mistakes, or addition of the “WHY?” question at the beginning)
- Why I hate pharmacy
- Why I hate pharmacists
- Why I hate pharmacy pharmacists (lol)
- Hate my job as pharmacist
- Why I hate being in pharmacy (dude trust me, you’re doing the fun part now just “studying” it)
- Odd: why I like being a pharmacist
- Why you love being a pharmacist? (ask the dude that searched for the phrase before you)
- Self satisfaction in working in pharmacy?
- What do you hate about being a pharmacist?
All of these hate pharmacy, except for that odd one who thought he loves pharmacy (well, maybe he’s asking in order to “maybe” find some reasons to love it, while he actually doesn’t love it?? Makes sense!)
If that is the case, then really would someone answer me with why do we all study pharmacy if no one likes it? And no one from the older pharmacists ever answered the question of why they love being a pharmacist.
The only answer I could think of is that (around the world or in most countries) pharmacists do make good money as soon as they graduate. They don’t need many promotions to have a good salary. But what happened to self satisfaction and feeling happy about your job?
This is an open ended post; I will not reach a conclusion with it, because I don’t have one. I could say however that pharmacy schools are huge scams lol
Another funny fact I would like to share about my previous post about my reasons of hating being a pharmacist in Sharm el Sheikh, I got many refers from search engines through the search phrases:
- Condoms in Egypt.
- Do I need injections before going to Sharm el Sheikh?
- Reasons to date a pharmacist.
- Sharm el Sheikh Prostitutes.
- Prostitution in Egypt Sharm el sheikh 2012.
- Are there prostitutes in Sharm el Sheikh?
- Incorrect drug structures (seriously?:D)
Are you a pharmacist? are you enjoying it? or do you personally know someone who’s really enjoying being a pharmacist? Share your experiences with me, maybe I’ll learn a reason to like this job, or maybe more reasons to hate it